The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Regional Sales Manager opportunity, you will have:
- 2-5 years of successful B2B sales experience, preferably selling roofing or exterior building materials. We will consider candidates with less experience who have been successfully selling through distributors in the building products industry
- Experience working with distributors and selling using a pull-through sales model is highly preferred. You must be able to influence end users (contractors, builders, architects) and sell through distributors
- A bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field preferred
- Proficiency using a CRM program, Salesforce preferred, and Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong reporting skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills
- The ability to effectively negotiate and close business
- Self-motivation, drive and excitement around the company, our products and building a book of business; a passion for sales
- Strong presentation and training abilities
- The bandwidth and desire to learn, grow your industry knowledge and sales talent
- A proactive and aggressive approach toward meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Flexibility and adaptability to thrive in a rapidly growing, changing environment
- Existing relationships with contractors and/or builders within the territory is a strong advantage
Pictured: DECRA® Villa Tile combines the superior performance of steel with the classic beauty, elegance and architectural detail of an old world Italian tile.
The RoleOpportunity Snapshot
Reporting to the Zone Manager, as Regional Sales Manager, you will work an Intermountain territory which includes areas with an established customer base, especially in the Salt Lake City area, and areas where you will take a ground up approach, such as Jackson, Wyoming. You’ll work directly with distributors as well as create energy and excitement around our products by using a pull-through model and building relationships at the contractor level. Your primary mission will be to attain sales and profitability goals established during the yearly territory update meeting.
On a daily basis, you will get out in the field and develop, promote, and organize market opportunities between DECRA and our customer base, including distributors and contractors, in order to generate revenue growth. Not only will you engage the base on DECRA products, you will provide strong hands-on training and make yourself easily accessible to your base. That accessibility will help you ensure a strong line of communication regarding marketing materials and product knowledge between DECRA distributors, builders, roofing contractors, the architectural community, trade organizations and other related customers that can optimize sales opportunities.
Initially, you will concentrate your efforts in areas where we have existing relationships, such as Salt Lake City, Boise, and Billings, Montana. Once you're fully acclimated to the role and are building solid relationships, you will move on to Western Wyoming and other greenfield areas where you'll have the opportunity to build business from the ground up.
Specifically, in order to meet and exceed your goals, you will:
- Call on prospective customers, distributors, builders and contractors, following established guidelines on new account qualification and acquisition.
- Recognize and develop available opportunities to achieve desired levels of product penetration.
- Promote DECRA’s quality, reputation and image.
- Meet day-to-day DECRA customer requests and follow-up on external and internal commitments in a professional and organized manner; develop and maintain Partnering Plans with all customers.
- Identify and develop customer base which will yield the highest profitability consistent with desired market penetration.
- Inform customers of supply and price trends; assist customers with inventory control.
- Practice value selling and offset pricing strategy with value-added tools and comparison charts.
- Ensure customer complaints resulting from service or quality issues are resolved in a highly professional, efficient and expeditious manner consistent with DECRA’s policies.
- Promote a positive attitude toward the Company within the community and industry.
- Participate in builder, contractor, and trade organizations and shows in order to complement sales efforts.
- Leverage market literature, advertising, other promotional materials and samples effectively within budget guidelines.
- Keep records and develop reports as required for all phases of activity including competitor price information, complaints, sample requests, credit reports, receivables, etc.
- Complete all pricing, job quotes, and Authority for Expenditure (AFE) requests in a timely manner, always following proper approval procedures.
- Organize your territory to minimize expenses and make maximum utilization of your time.
Pictured: DECRA® Shingle XD® has the rich bold appearance of a heavy weight architectural shingle at a fraction of the weight.
Why DECRANew Growth Initiative
This is an exciting time to join us. We’re undergoing a strong growth initiative initiated by our parent company. We have new, forward-thinking leadership in place and are building a sales organization that can take our company to the next level and beyond. Yes…we have a solid foundation and a history of success, but we’re not resting on our laurels. We’re driving aggressive sales growth across the Americas. We're looking for Regional Sales Managers in multiple territories with the energy, self-motivation and desire to grow their books of business and help us reach our goals.
You will enjoy comprehensive training covering an array of topics to help with your success. You'll enjoy field training from your supervisor, the Western Zone Manager, in office and web training classes, such as Product Installation, sit with Marketing, take a plant tour and more. You bring the energy and drive to win and we'll provide the tools and training you need to excel.
Our company growth is being driven by industry growth throughout the Americas. Not only is the industry growing, the demand for metal roofing is growing, making this the right position at the right time.
Growth = Opportunity
Though you could be happy and successful working your territory for years to come, as our company grows, we anticipate opportunities for advancement for our proven performers both within DECRA and Fletcher Building. The path of advancement is not predetermined, meaning you can create your own path depending on your skills, experience and desires. That could mean a traditional sales path or even moving into plant operations, such as pursuing a continuous improvement manager or another opportunity.
In this role, you will enjoy strong exposure and visibility to decision makers and the executive team. Your successes will be noticed and appreciated.
Culture and Progress
While we have a strong and stable service-centric culture built over years, we’re also breathing new life into our mission and values as we grow the company. Our employees are our most important asset and we’re helping them succeed by keeping the best of what we are and creating new processes and tools to lead the industry. You'll never hear anyone say: "Do it this way because that's the way we've always done it." Instead, you can share your strong ideas and help us drive process improvement.
At DECRA you can enjoy the entrepreneurial energy and culture of a smaller, fast-growth company built on the strong foundation of a global leader in the building industry.
Because our employees are our strongest asset, we care for them through a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. In addition to a competitive base salary plus bonus program, we offer benefits including all you'd expect, such as a range of insurances, sick, holiday and vacation time, and a car allowance; as well as a few surprises, such as our new education reimbursement program, gas expensed outside of the car allowance and a generous vacation policy.
Pictured: DECRA Shake XD, emulating the classic beauty and architectural detail of a rustic, thick, handsplit wood shake, has a unique hidden fastening system and is installed direct to the deck.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in the role of Regional Sales Manager, you’ll need the enthusiasm, self-motivation and drive to get out in the field every day. Your sales style will be an amalgamation of a hunter/farmer because you'll take an aggressive approach while also leveraging strong relationship building, communication and training skills.
The core of this role is trust-based relationships. You’ll work with a range of distributors, contractors, builders, architects and others from a multitude of organizations, so your interpersonal skills, flexible style and industry knowledge will go a long way in building trust and your network. This is a role where you should truly enjoy keeping a lot of balls in the air, have exceptional follow-up skills and be as comfortable in a corporate office as you are in a field environment.
About UsWith a proven commitment to quality and performance, DECRA Roofing Systems has sixty years of experience manufacturing and marketing stone coated steel roofing systems.
DECRA® Roofing Systems' combines the strength and durability of a stone coated steel roof with the versatile good looks of a tile, shake or shingle profile. Our panels have a unique interlocking design to withstand high winds and add shear strength. This unique design allows for roofing panels that contain numerous protective layers. Each of these layers serves the dual function of protection or adhesion for the next processing step of the DECRA® roofing system.
DECRA Roofing Systems are manufactured in Corona, California at a state of the art manufacturing facility registered by UL to ISO 9001:2008, OHSAS 18001 and most recently ISO 14001:2004.
With more than 19,000 people across 40 countries, the Fletcher Building family is a global community made up of people who use all of their experience, skills and individuality to do amazing work. With over 50 businesses operating in five continents, we are enriched by many different languages, customs and lifestyles.
Many of our businesses are household names, such as The Fletcher Construction Company, Formica, PlaceMakers, Winstone Aggregates, Rocla Quarry Products, Gerard Roofing, and Pink® Batts®, so you could say that from the home DIY job to the most complex large-scale construction projects, Fletcher Building people are making great things happen. We have operations in Europe, Asia, The Americas, Australasia and the South Pacific. DECRA® Roofing Systems is a proud member of the Fletcher Building family of companies.